AdSense Auto ads

Hello, I’m reading about AdSense Auto ads, and as long as Adsense can recommend me to change my ad format and add the automatic ad.

I was struck by the fact that it is not necessary to remove the old adsense code, but by directly adding the new code in the header of the page, the ads automatically “decide” where to show and which ads to show or not.

Is someone using them in their forums?
Pros and cons? Have you detected any visualization problems?

1 Like

you’re welcome to check my site out. I’ve been using Adsense for a while. I’ve had no complaints.

@bholst, thanks for the link, but… are you using auto ads? :thinking:

I’m not using them yet,

From what I’ve read, it’s better to remove all the AdSense code, so the IA has the chance to use the 100% of the page to place ads, instead of putting ads, where are blank spaces and/or not enough static ads.

I haven’t implemented the auto ads, because I really don’t know how nicely they’ll go with the Discourse Ads plugin. Although is a nice addition from Google and interesting to see if it’s working properly and truly helps to increase earnings.

I thought I was? I may have totally misunderstood. Sorry if I did

I did a quick search for Auto Ads support on single page apps like Discourse, but found nothing to say if it will work. If you try it, make sure that it’s loading the ads when navigating.

3 Likes

I’m getting my ads now in all sorts of random places

Not a fan… any way to turn this off?

2 Likes

Are these the instructions you’re looking for?

4 Likes

yeah but I never enabled them…odd

Hi, I enabled Adsense auto ads in my discourse site and I found auto ads not loading properly when navigating different posts. It only loads when I refresh the browser. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

I was also curious to try out auto ads. But it would require a way to add a code snippet that refreshes on every “page” load. Is there a way we could have a field in Discourse that would refresh inside the head tag on every page change? or perhaps some other idea on how we can accomplish that?

They work fine for me… (though I hate them)

1 Like

What is the site url? I’d like to see the ad refresh experience

I turned them off cause I hated how they worked. Sprawled through the site (randomly) not a great experience.

Users started complaining

2 Likes

Nice opportunity to tell your users that if they do not want advertising they can support the community by becoming Premium (via Patreon). That way, those who collaborate with some $$$ per month, will not have any ads. :rocket: :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Hi Sid,
Yeah we’ve got a patreon and some do support us… its silly I know…

Just implement this code, and your Patreons won’t complain anymore.

5 Likes

Has anyone seen any increase in Adsense revenue over time after activating Adsense Auto ads? I mean since it uses machine learning there should be some progress as the algorithm gets better through its experiences?

I’m also having this problem. The ads only appear when I refresh the page. Then when I click on another post, they’ll disappear again, aside from the banner at the top.

Also, I have disabled ads on certain sections of my forums (to comply with adsense rules) and the banner still shows up until I refresh the page. Then they’ll disappear

1 Like