How to hide “uncategorized” from Hamburger menu?

Hello,
is there some way, maybe due a CSS hack, to hide the “uncategorized” category?
This category is disabled by default. It has no content and couldn’t be removed at all.

Thank you

If #uncategorized is disabled, then non-staff users will not see it in the hamburger menu, but staff will see it regardless of the setting (not sure why though :slightly_smiling_face:).

But if you want to hide it from your staff too, then here is CSS code to hide it:

.category-uncategorized {
    display: none;
}
10 Likes

Thanks! This confused me a lot :smiley:

1 Like

Hi

Probably stupid question, but could you tell me where I should add this CSS code into?

Thanks a lot.

V

Hi

Go to Admin > Customize > Themes and create a new theme and then click on Edit CSS/HTML and add the CSS code under Common > CSS. Finally make the new theme a component under your default theme. Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for quick answer!

I hope I did everything correctly, but it doesn’t work :frowning: I’m total noob in this :frowning: sorry, here is the image of CSS included:

V

Ok you’ve done the first step. Now you need to add the new theme as a component for your default theme like so:

3 Likes

Thank you for quick answer, I did it but no result … I still see it even as normal user (not like admin). :frowning:

Hmmm… this looks correct to me, not sure what’s going on. Is your site private? If not, I’d be happy to take a look for you.

1 Like

Wooooo I got it! I had to disable posting topics into uncategorized category … in admin! Done! Thank you kindly for your help!

V

3 Likes