How to hide “uncategorized” from Hamburger menu?

Hello,
is there some way, maybe due a CSS hack, to hide the “uncategorized” category?
This category is disabled by default. It has no content and couldn’t be removed at all.

Thank you

If Uncategorized is disabled, then non-staff users will not see it in the hamburger menu, but staff will see it regardless of the setting (not sure why though :slightly_smiling_face:).

But if you want to hide it from your staff too, then here is CSS code to hide it:

.category-uncategorized {
    display: none;
}
10 Likes

Thanks! This confused me a lot :smiley:

1 Like

Hi

Probably stupid question, but could you tell me where I should add this CSS code into?

Thanks a lot.

V

Hi

Go to Admin > Customize > Themes and create a new theme and then click on Edit CSS/HTML and add the CSS code under Common > CSS. Finally make the new theme a component under your default theme. Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for quick answer!

I hope I did everything correctly, but it doesn’t work :frowning: I’m total noob in this :frowning: sorry, here is the image of CSS included:

V

Ok you’ve done the first step. Now you need to add the new theme as a component for your default theme like so:

3 Likes

Thank you for quick answer, I did it but no result … I still see it even as normal user (not like admin). :frowning:

Hmmm… this looks correct to me, not sure what’s going on. Is your site private? If not, I’d be happy to take a look for you.

1 Like

Wooooo I got it! I had to disable posting topics into uncategorized category … in admin! Done! Thank you kindly for your help!

V

3 Likes