How to move Anniversaries, Birthdays, Docs and Maps out of the 'more' section?

There are four entries in the More section (Anniversaries, Birthdays, Docs and Maps) which seem to be fixed in place, i.e. don’t appear in the customisable list. Is there a way to move/remove these that I’m missing somewhere?

1 Like

Those ones are added by plugins and aren’t currently able to be customised the same as the core ones. I think you can hide the originals with some CSS and then add them to the top section manually as a workaround in the short term.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I was thinking about Docs and Maps being plugins but I’d forgotten that Birthdays came from the Cakeday plugin. Not sure where Anniversaries comes from, possibly Cakeday too but there’s no mention I can see of that in the plugin config.

2 Likes

Anniversaries is from the Cakeday plugin too. :+1: I’ll check over the plugin topic and see if I missed anything. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The plugin description does say…

Show a birthday cake beside the user’s name on their birthday and/or on the date they joined Discourse.

There doesn’t seem to be a setting governing the ‘and/or’ part of that though. I’ll take a look at the plugin category to see if there’s anything mentioned about that there.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve not had my second cup of tea yet so my brain isn’t fully engaged.

Cakeday is of course defined as the anniversary of your joining date and adding a cake on your birthday is the optional extra. Doh!

2 Likes

I think and/or maybe an ambiguous way to describe it. The cakeday enabled setting enables the plugin and pops the :cake: emoji in on the anniversary of joining, and the cakeday birthday enabled adds the :birthday: for birthdays. You can have anniversaries without birthdays, but not the opposite.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.