How to remove admin logs

I want to remove admin logs (admin/logs/staff_action_logs) or disable staff logs?
How to?

(Vinoth Kannan) #2

No. You can’t disable it.

Why would you want to do this?

I think database larger

Could you safely delete using postgres Sql?

thanks yoú

Take a back-up before you start firing off commands though!

(Robby O'Connor) #8

There are very few legitimate reasons to do this…what is the reason?

(Mittineague) #9

First, @dangtrungluong , congratulations on having a forum that’s so successful that you actually need to worry about the database size.

However, perhaps you should consider sharding / partitioning?
Generating more granular backups?

Simply deleting data is usually a poor idea likely to lead to unforeseen problems. What exactly is the problem you’re having that you’re wanting to solve?

@Mittineague i’m newbie joining to “discourse”

If you are new to using discourse then I do not see what the issue is at the moment and why you feel it will make a massive impact on your database. We have logs going back to 2014 with no impact and I do not believe it takes up a massive amount of space.

(Mittineague) #12

It’s not a bad thing to think about things before they become a problem. If anything, I don’t think the database will be a problem as much as heavy weight media files could be. i.e. should you set up a CDN so the requests are served from closest to a visitors location? Do members reallly need to fill up a topic with mega weight files that could slow down page load and consume bandwidth?

hi. thank for all
:slight_smile: