Howto show the topic id in Metadata of initial Post

I tried to display the Topic ID in the initial Post of all topics of a specific category but failed. I could not find a way by configuring Discourse and also a plugin - similar to Discourse BBCODE - failed to work.

Could you please give me a clear hint on how to realize to display the Topic ID in the initial Post metadata of each topic of a specific category?

I need this to continue the customer expectations of the old system as well some related functions and behavior.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

The topic_id is at the end of the URL.

Can you say more about what expectations you are tryingto may and what features you need?

1 Like

As I mentioned in my Post I try to write a plugin, probably the #dev category is not the proper place due I don’t want this in Discourse itself. Can you point me to some kind of solution how to display additional (existing) meta data in the initial Post Header?

I know that the URL contains the TopicID as last “Tuple” and there is also a canonical link in the html header that does. I need to display the TopicID on the initial Post. We often speak about “Topic#34074” or something and want to stay with that habit, which our customers and partners are used to.
So I tried to extract the ID (successfully) and past it into the ‘div.topic-meta-data’, which failed.

1 Like

Add this to Settings > Customize > Common > </head>:

<script type="text/discourse-plugin" version="0.5">
  api.decorateWidget('post-meta-data:after', dec => {
    if (dec.attrs.post_number === 1) {
      const topic = dec.getModel().get('topic');
      return dec.rawHtml(`<div class="post-info topic-id">Topic: ${topic.get('id')}</div>`);
    }
  });
</script>

And you get:

And you just need to add some CSS.

10 Likes

of course, stylesheets are needed! :sunglasses:

exactly what I’m looking for - thanks a lot!!! :hugs:

1 Like

Hello, Topic ID will show after post-meta-data
I want show after title topic, how do it ?
Thank you so much!

You can just do component-name:after widget-name:after. Or use a plugin outlet if its available on the position you desire.

4 Likes

Not effect :frowning:

<script type="text/discourse-plugin" version="0.5">
  api.decorateWidget('component-name:after', dec => {
    if (dec.attrs.post_number === 1) {
      const topic = dec.getModel().get('topic');
      return dec.rawHtml(`<div class="post-info topic-id">Topic: ${topic.get('id')}</div>`);
    }
  });
</script>

Did you actually literally put in component-name widget-name instead of the component’s actual name?

3 Likes

I wanna display topic ID below User name, what widget-name can i replace code :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Hello, who can i help me :frowning:

Did you try what Falco suggested in the above post?

2 Likes

Hello, how can we display count views topic in Post?

Hello, who can help me display button Message move out topic

js.user.private_message

example: