Huge gap between number of impressions and clicks

After a week of research … I could guarantee my presence on google search results … actually I’m very impressed that a lot of topics are now ranking #1 on google search compared to my previous website.

Yet, I see huge difference between the number of impressions & clicks … and after asking some friends from around the world to open some links, they complained that it’s taking forever to open the page !!

For the crawler I noticed that the system shows a pure html version which justify the high score (97)

Yet, I see so many links on google analytics opened as googleweblight version !!! and that maybe justify why many users are not completing opening the pages !

despite the fact that discourse is a forum with so many features and the heavy load of javascript files are being loaded for first-time users … I see there must be away to introduce a lighter version of pages for guests (not logged in users) … there must be away :frowning:

Maybe showing the html version for guests (at least to give this choice to some users controlled form the admin … I know it will affect some functionalities !! ) or defer all the heavy javascript files so it show the page first, then loading all javascripts in the background …

Any suggestions on this ? I love discourse … and I really don;t want to consider another faster forum …

Help

1 Like

Discourse is a javascript app. It takes a while to open the first page. I’m in an “unlimited” mobile data plan. I used over 22gb in the first week an was throttled to something like 256kbps. It takes 30 to 60 seconds for Discourse to load. After that it works almost the same as at normal data rates. This should be a rather extreme case. (thankfully I’ll be staying in places with wifi going forward!)

1 Like

I fully understand the consequences of having this system as javascript app, actually from my mobile it takes less than 4-5 seconds to load first time …

My point is … since google already redirecting users with terribly slow connections to the googlewebslight version (we are already losing most of the features in the page) why isn’t there a lighter version of the page specially for those users with no luxury of high speed connections …

The system already delivers an html version of the page for crawlers … why can’t we “utilize it” …
I know this is out of the scope of discourse maybe … but I’m willing to lose the advantages of “JavaScript app” in order to deliver faster experience … and the user decide whether to load the rest of JavaScript to continue or not …

Anyway … how can I view the html version of the page ? is there a query parameter I can use !!