I can't easily delete spammers due to my site configuration

Respectfully, I don’t think there is anything wrong with my configuration in terms of rate limiting new users, it’s mostly default settings with some settings modified to be stricter than default.

The only rate limiting for new users (posting topics and replies only) that I’ve seen are:

• max topics in first day - Default is 3 topics - Spammers just need to wait 24hrs after first post
  • max replies in first day - Default is 10 replies - Spammers just need to wait 24hrs after first post
  • rate limit new user create topic - Default is 120 seconds between posts / 720 topics per day / 30 per hour
  • rate limit new user create post - Default is 30 seconds between posts / 2880 posts per day / 120 per hour

Please let me know if I’m missing something, I hope I am. Specifics would be appreciated.

aren’t protected from content deletion when flagged

Didn’t have an issue with this due to modifying delete_user_max_post_age and delete_all_posts_max.

Deleting a spammer is a one click operation with default Discourse settings. Always has been.

Which delete option are you referring to? I’ve primarily been using the one on the user’s admin page, in which deleting all posts is required before deleting the user.

I refrained from using the akismet delete user option from the review queue, seeing it was confirmed by the team to not delete the user’s posts (Discourse Akismet Anti-Spam)

The delete button on the user profile page gives me this error after a long delay (if they have posts/content). ‘There was an error deleting that user. Make sure all posts are deleted before trying to delete the user.’

The flag > it’s spam > delete spammer gives me the same error: ‘There was an error deleting that user. Make sure all posts are deleted before trying to delete the user.’ It’s a bit irregular, it failed on a spammer with ~500 posts but worked on a spammer with ~150 posts (despite still giving me the error message). Works fine on accounts with only a few posts.