I need to add hundreds of users (who have posted in in a specific topic）to a group.
How could I achieve it？
Thank you very much！
Hey @Alienazk – I think I found a easy way that could help you add users to a group. It’s based off the information from this post (Bulk add all users to group from a trust level? - #6 by jomaxro). Here are the steps I took since it appears to be a little different:
- Go to the hamburger menu and click Admin > Users > Export (You can export any of the active, new, staff, etc.)
- Once the export is done you should get a system notification with the .csv file in a zip folder
- On Excel or Google Spreadsheets import the file
- Once the file opens up go to the user column and depending on the OS either (Windows) left click + shift or (iOS) left click + command to select the usernames you’d like and copy them
- Go to the Admin > Users > Group > + New Group
- Under ‘Members’ paste the copied usernames. They should separate automatically!
Here is a video too of how it looks after I’ve copied them from the .csv file:
Thank you! It sounds good.
Finally I chose to export the topic and then do something with the json file.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.