I imported users into a new forum and it’s live now. Everything is going well, but after the import we decided to import the content instead of leaving it in an archived section.
Is there a safe way to run the import on another server and then upload it to the live site?
- Download a backup of the live site.
- Put up a maintenance page.
- Import the backup into a local copy of Discourse (not running in Docker, but just from the Github repo).
- Create a backup from the local copy.
- “Restore” the live site (running in Docker) from the backup in step #4.
Does that sound like a good method, or should I create the other copy of Discourse in step #3 on another remote server using the Docker install? I prefer not to run the import on the production server.