Importing from vBulletin 4

import

(Melissa) #47

I know this is a bit of an old topic, but I’ve just completed a comparably sized vb4 migration and am missing a LOT of image attachments, somewhere on the order of 75% of them I’d wager. They are not tombstoned, and all the threads have been rebaked.

Has anyone else dealt with this? How should I go about recovering those images?

(Jay Pfaffman) #48

Did you see errors when you did the import?

(Melissa) #49

Yes, quite a few ‘Attachment file doesn’t exist’ errors with some ‘Couldn’t find attachment record for post.id=xxx, import_id=xxx’ sprinkled in.

The thing that has me scratching my head is that these are posts that I know have intact attachments, and that those attachments are in the ATTACHMENT_DIR global directory. The threads with missing images are missing ALL the associated images, which seems… not random.

I’m at a loss to find any common factor among the threads/posts with lost images either.

(Jay Pfaffman) #50

Those messages were your clue that something was amiss. All you can do is diagnose the problem an run the import again.

Every import is a snowflake. I’ve don’t dozens of them. It’s rare that one just works. If you’d like help: Discourse Migration – Literate Computing