Improve Your Community Experience Using a DIY Community Health Check | Blog

Interesting reply, the needs and wants of a user are truly the determining factors one should use in defining and improving the user’s community experience. Using that would create a more complex set of steps for a non-design-minded community manager to follow. So I tried to make this article more concise as we were hoping to answer this question community owners/managers usually ask us:

How might I check how well my community is doing?

True to what you said though, using the needs and wants of the user can give a more wholesome answer to that question, but would be over-answering the question and may be seen as confusing as it would be doing more of re-strategising the community as a whole and not doing a health check. It would also become a more complex set of steps to follow and would go outside the scope of the question we were looking to answer, so I figured this should be simpler.

If you still want a guide to follow on how to improve your community’s experience using the needs and wants of their users, I developed an extended experience map with inbuilt prompts that anyone can follow, see here:

I also recently wrote a small guide to accompany this map, see here:

There you’ll see something more detailed with respect to following the needs and wants of the users or community members. Do let me know if this helps.

4 Likes