Improved Bookmarks with Reminders

Welcome! It does look like a migration issue.

You have a Discourse official Standard Installation And the steps in the PostgreSQL 13 update went smoothly?

Have you tried rebuilding again?

3 Likes

Hey, thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes I have a standard installation and I have rebuilt the project many times since I was changing configs (I took over the forum administration from another guy).
I have purged the forum and am now trying to set up with a stable version (2.6.3). I didn’t encounter any error when importing, except this warning:

Warning: no type cast defined for type "name" with oid 19. Please cast this type explicitly to TEXT to be safe for future changes.
3 Likes

This is safe to ignore.

3 Likes

The column was added in this migration, last July:

So perhaps an earlier migration failed for you? Any migration errors in the logs?

4 Likes

Ohh I figured it out, after hours of trying to make it work. I think he added the field manually, not using migrations. Or something like that though the field was missing in the export.

I noticed that one was not run for some reason when restoring the backup. So I added the field manually just to create it and rerun that specific migration so its now migrated as it should. I know I complicated things, but hope it will work now for future updates of the forum.

Thanks guys, guess its not a bug in Discourse but the install.

3 Likes