Installation on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS + Apache 2 + Plesk 12

Dear Discourse Community,

I came across this fine looking Community Software while looking for a Forum…etc pp.

Anyway :smile:

I have a Root Server from the Server Provider called Hetzner.

It runs Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and has Plesk 12 installed since some time. I managed to follow the 30 minutes guide for installing Discourse and had to change the port so far from 80 to something else, since Apache 2 dominates this port. 8080 is also in use. So I chose 1337 for the lulz.

I also created a subdomain with plesk and did a git checkout to the subdomain folder, which is located in:

/var/www/vhosts/domain/subdomain.domain

Now…opening subdomain.domain shows what Plesk offers…opening subdomain.domain:1337 returns nothing.

I am not that highly experienced to figure out everything on my own, sadly :confused:

If anyone can help me with getting discourse working on my Root, i’d be grateful.

Cheers,

Maxunit

Have you tried this?

Thank you for the link.

I’m currently trying to figure it out, but Plesk is a bit of a “I dominate this Server…with APACHE2!” thing and NGINX only runs as a reverse proxy.

/etc/nginx/sites-available/ is not even a valid path on my root, but /etc/nginx/ is.

I don’t know how much Plesk dominates everything.

I’m already asking myself, if I even can get Discourse running on a Root Server, which ran a plain ubuntu install first and then was entirely configured using the Plesk Web Installer :confused:

I’ll change it to use /etc/nginx/conf.d then.