Invite Limiting

Would be nice if the invite system was a bit more flexible. The ability to adjust amount of invites available to users maybe per trust level would be awesome. Similar to the way some of the private trackers handle things.

As it stands right now I don’t see any way to limit the invites a person can send once they are a member.

1 Like

Hmm, good point, @eviltrout we need to have some basic rate limiting around sending out invites.

This is a trust level 2 function so the risk is not super high – it’s not that easy to get to TL2 – but everything should be sanity rate limited just in case. If some TL2 person can send out 1,000 invites in a day, that’d be bad.

@techapj can you make sure a rate limit is in place for invites sent by non-staff members?

1 Like

I’d like to throw my weight behind this feature request as well. It would be nice to either cap the number of invites available to members, or slowly release invites over time.

1 Like

We definitely need an enforced rate limit here for non staff users. @techapj can you bump this in your list. Things that are not rate limited make me very nervous.

1 Like

PR sent for this feature:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/3117

1 Like