Invite only apply for access form

I’m currently running an invite only discourse forum, which is great. I have a separate google form setup for people to apply to the forum. What I’d like to do is combine these so people can apply for access directly through discourse and I can review and approve them.

Is there anyway to do this?

I think you simply need to enable must approve users in Admin > Settings

When a user signs up, I believe you get notified and you must approve their account before they can do anything else.

5 Likes

Is there anyway to add additional form fields to that, such as order number, so we can verify their identity?

The other problem / question with this is will people who are NOT registered be able to VIEW the site before they apply? I don’t want anyone who was not invited / approved to be able to view the content.

To prevent anyone from viewing the content you can set login required

I’m unsure about the additional information fields though. I haven’t really used the feature. I may try it out in a bit.

Yes, you can add custom fields. You can require them. I’m pretty sure that they are added to the account request page.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can confirm this. You will want to create a Custom User Field (Admin Area), require it at signup, and turn on must approve users

1 Like

Thats great. Thanks.

When I check the box to require approval it says that everyone in my forum already will be kicked out. I have 56 people participating. Is there a way to easily approve them post this change?

Yes, go to Admin > Users > Pending, click the checkbox at the top of the list, and then the Approve button.

3 Likes

If you had a thousand, you’d want to do it from the console, but with under a hundred, it’s ready enough on the web interface.

1 Like

Man I love discourse and this community! Thx.

3 Likes