Invited user added to staff and mod automatic groups without being given admin or mod rights?

I invited a bunch of users to our discourse forum using batch invites. I only added them to a custom group named “Beta”

Now all of a sudden i see a user that has been added to the mod and admin groups without ever having been granted these rights. Whats wrong and how do I remove this user from the automatic groups mod/staf

1 Like

And this user can see and access the default Staf category… I now changed the staf category settings so that only admins can see, but this shouldn’t be happening.

For some reason it has corrected itself. User profile no longer shows additions to the moderators or staf automatic groups and is not able to see the default staff category…

just followed a new user accepting my invitation, and it seems that every new user is first added to the mod and staff automatic groups and after a while it corrects itself:

So these users are added to an automatic group (moderator and staff):

But in their settings they do not have mod rights (or admin for that matter) and they are not Staff users:

And after (about) an hour the error corrects itself:

As you can also see in the automatic group section.

Can you reproduce this @techapj?

@kmvoges I am not able to repro this issue. Are you still having this issue?

This was a legit issue and is now fixed via:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/c8bc942333f5cb0920a18d98b9f8b1baab2c9749

6 Likes