Is anyone working on a Discourse Wiki?

Bloody Discourse has spoiled me! I’m still looking around for a wiki to replace Mediawiki, and not making much progress. The things that would be great about a Discourse wiki would be primarily the editor - nice, clean, easy to use Markdown, easy to upload. Also, the user system and configuration system are all pretty nice, and the modern clean look as well.

The main things I would need in a Discourse styled wiki would be:

• Automatic wiki-mode setting of new pages/topics.
  • Default hiding of replies (just hiding them by default would be sufficient I think).
  • Automatic page creation.
  • Easy page linking.
  • Sensible URLs
  • Automatic table of contents.

I’m sure there are other things that would be nice, like being able to find broken links and orphaned pages and the like, but I could probably live with just the above list.

I’ve got no idea if those sort of requirements could be done as a plugin as @sam suggests. Some of it could potentially be added to Discourse proper (for example, automatic table of contents would probably be a feature that could be added to Discourse as an option, as could Automatic wiki-mode and default hiding of replies, they would all be relatively easy to do and disabled by default options).

So really, the big issue is the page creation/linking/wiki-style URLs. If there was a way of doing that, then it would probably be 80-90% there.

8 Likes