Is chat stable enough to create themes/components that won't break?

Continuing the discussion from Swiping to initiate a reply in chat:

1 Like

I think chat is still evolving pretty quickly for themes and theme components, but I’ll see if anyone can comment with more nuance than that (x and y are likely to change less frequently; better to stay away from z for now).

Any more context about what kinds of things you’d like to be able to customize would be helpful as well.

5 Likes

Sure, I can add more context for what I want to do now:

• Chat messages to look more like WhatsApp/iMessage/Signal bubbles, with left to right alignment and bubble outline

• Chat replies to look more like WhatsApp, to be blockquotes included in the bubbles, including any media or links from the original message

• Font size on the mobile input box, as it seems quite small compared to other chat apps

• Swipe to reply to chat messages on mobile, maybe using http://hammerjs.github.io/

I would recommend you wait a little bit more. We have various renames which will happen. I was waiting for us moving chat to core and it happened last week. Hopefully it happens in the coming month.

5 Likes

Oh, excellent, I hope that happens soon and appreciate the heads up :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.