Is it possible to have a latest comments or posts sidebar?

Hello. A friend asked me if this could be done at our forum:

And, for this I want to mean, mostly, the part on the right, the “latest post” or a column of "latest comments. My friend asked too for information about the date and hour when a post is answered, as is visible at the centre of the image.

I’m new at Discourse, I hope not to be annoying asking for that behaviour. Is it possible, there are plugins or some theme components, maybe?

1 Like

To do this efficiently it would require a plugin, I am not sure if I have seen this or not

4 Likes

This is now running on XenForo software after migrating from vBulletin back in early 2015? It seems this feature is only on their Forums List page. It doesn’t appear on any individual forums (equivalent categories on Discourse?). The use of tabs was interesting on the forums list page.

1 Like

Yep, what I was asking is for the home page only. Is not necessary to have it at all pages.

Yes, is cute. Is the same as it is at Discourse, but using tabs instead of change the color to show you where you are. But yes, cuter…

1 Like

Please, should I include this theme to be considered as a possible future feature somewhere at this forum, or just being here is enough to be considered by the developers as a possibility to add to the platform?

1 Like

There are multiple theme components that help you do this, search for “sidebar” or “columns” in the #theme category.

4 Likes