Is it possible to have the Board view as the only view?

We have just started looking at using this theme component and have some questions:

• While having the kanban view on a category, is it possible to then hide the regular topic list so the kanban board is the only view of that category?
  • Can you show tags (columns) even if no topic has that tag yet?
  • Can the filter option show only tags restricted to this category?

Hey Jordan! I moved your post to a support topic, and thought you’d appreciate this AI generated title! Please edit if it does not capture your thoughts here. :smiley:

By “hide”, so you mean remove the links in the category nav bar (Latest and Top):

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 11-44-05 Latest General topics - fnord

I have General set to show the Board by default, but this theme component does not remove or suppress those links (or routes).

I happen to know the Board link does not play well with Custom Top Navigation Links. So you might just hide the links with CSS.

Unless you are referring to something else. :slight_smile:

I think so… I recall having empty tag columns during demos. Maybe it is not showing in the building modal for you? I normally configure the defaults in the site settings, so I just include the tag slug.

I would expect it to, although if the tags are hidden it may not show for certain users.

Let me know if those answers help, and more about how you are setting it up. I’m splitting out these replies from the component topic and will be incorporating info back in. :+1:

I did not. :raised_hand: :slight_smile: Something distinctive is always better I think. Those AI ones can be rather hit and miss, and always seem to be camel case with a colon.

2 Likes

Oh wow, this is an old topic haha. I think I’ve gotten Kanban pretty well figured out since then :smiley:

But thank you so so much for following up! I also have to agree with @JammyDodger. I only love the automatic title generation that currently exists in one scenario: When it names channel threads in chat.

Otherwise, on topics, they sound like clickbait new articles :grimacing:

Kanban Board: Five Things You Wish You Knew!

3 Likes