Is it possible to increase the size of a group flair?

Is there an easy way to increase the size of the flair that goes by your name when attached to certain groups?

Screenshot 2024-08-19 094148

1 Like

In common - css of a theme or component. you can do something like this

Avatar flair resized from the default 40px to 60px:

.user-card-avatar .avatar-flair, .user-profile-avatar .avatar-flair {
    background-size: 60px 60px;
    width: 60px;
    height: 60px;
}

default 40 px

This is a screenshot of a profile page from a social media platform, featuring an avatar of a person with purple hair and glasses.  (Captioned by AI)

60 px

This is a digital screenshot of a user profile or dashboard, likely from a social media platform or a gaming community.  (Captioned by AI)

Can change flair location with this component:

4 Likes

Do I have it in the right place?

1 Like

looks like it. (is there something else in the header tab thatā€™s highlighted?)

code I posted should be here:

The image displays a computer screen with a text editor open, showing a section of code being edited. The code is for a CSS file, specifically targeting a div named "footer". The text editor has a dark theme, and the code is written in a light color, which stands out against the dark background. The focus of the image is on the CSS file, indicating that someone is working on or studying this code.  (Captioned by AI)

1 Like

Yep, itā€™s all there. The flair is still 20x20 in posts.

1 Like

oh sorry I missed the post one. :woman_facepalming:t2:

For 30px

.user-card-avatar .avatar-flair, .user-profile-avatar .avatar-flair {
    background-size: 60px 60px;
    width: 60px;
    height: 60px;
}

.topic-avatar .avatar-flair, 
.avatar-flair-preview .avatar-flair, 
.collapsed-info .user-profile-avatar .avatar-flair, 
.user-image .avatar-flair, 
.latest-topic-list-item .avatar-flair {
    background-size: 30px 30px;
    width: 30px;
    height: 30px;
}

default 20px

30px

3 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m definitely not a coder, so I appreciate the support & assist! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no problem. you can fine tune adjust that px sizing to granularly get it how you want. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Add a personal header to post

I noticed if I put a HEX color on it, it shrinks back down. Can you assist me here also :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2024-08-19 205756

1 Like

yea ok to make it easier for you and others to do this, I fired up a quick theme component:

Let me know how it works :slight_smile: :wrench:
You still have to change the flair image and background color in the group avatar flair settings. This component just provides some basic settings for sizing the image flairs and their background circles. Desktop only though - I tried some mobile stuff, but it wasnā€™t worth tweaking for that small.

4 Likes

Would this make a good addition to Avatar Size and Shape?

4 Likes

oh I forgot about that one. does it do the same thing? oh nm, itā€™s just avatars, I thought it did flairs too. hmmm :thinking: might not be a bad ideaā€¦

mine is pretty basic that I threw together in a few min. I think Iā€™d want to change the input fields format perhaps.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s currently only for avatars, but group flairs seem ā€˜adjacentā€™ if this could be folded in. Iā€™d have to fire it up to check though.

4 Likes

@Lilly is it also possible to set perimeters around ā€œstackingā€ flair? For what I have in mind, it would be beneficial for users to be able to stack several, based on ā€œkindsā€ of groups theyā€™re in.

@Lilly why does flair disappear for me when in chat? Is there an easy way to have flair show in chats?

As far as I know, flairs have never been viewable in chat. You could always add a post to the existing feature request :slight_smile:

4 Likes