Is it possible to send a mail to create a subject

Hello,

I saw that a user could answer a subject by mail if enabled, which is great. I wonder if there is a possibility to create a new subject by mail, as in a diffusion list. Is that possible ?

Ex. : instead of coming to https://meta.discourse.org and posting a subject, I would send an email to “postmail@meta.discourse.org” and this would create my post (if enabled by webmaster).

Sure, if the site is set up to receive email and categories are configured with email addresses, you can start a topic in a category by email. Then users who receive the email can continue the conversation by email.

That said, the forum experience is so superior that I don’t recommend setting up expectations that people can participate just by email.

Thanks Tobias, is there any specific documentation about that ?

Are you a site admin? Just look in the category settings.

For more info, see Discourse vs Email & Mailing lists. There are also some other topics here on meta you can dig up using :mag: search.

I did but could not figure out how to make that possible : I can see an “incoming email address” field to fulfill, but this does not tell me how I can make this address a topic maker. I guess I’m missing something there.

I do agree, though I have to comply to my association policy…