Is there a way to allow sign-up only for Twitter integration?

I run a game bulletin board for Japanese people.
As far as my users are concerned, no one registers via email address. Everyone is registered via Twitter.
Is there a way to display only Twitter integration on the registration screen?

Once Twitter login is enabled, you can disable the enable local login site setting in your admin panel. Then, the login popup will be skipped, and users will be taken straight to Twitter

4 Likes

What if I want to allow users to login with username/email and password, but not sign up? i.e. you can only sign up with Twitter, but once you’re signed up, you can log in with username/password.

That’s awful UX as users who signup with Twitter won’t have passwords and will have to go trough the password reset flow before doing their first login.

3 Likes

Sorry I was unclear. I meant:

• Users will be allowed to sign up in two ways: We either invite them (where they provide the usual email and password), or they sign up via Twitter. We don’t want them to sign up without a twitter account unless we invite them.

• Users are then allowed to sign in either with an email/username & password (if they were invited, and thus set their own password), or sign in with Twitter (if they have an associated account).

Hope that makes it clearer. Thanks.

Yes, That’s doable. Just make site invite only and configure twitter logins.

Problem with making the site invite-only is that the SignUp button doesn’t show up in the login page, and I want uninvited users to still be able to sign up but only through an associated account.

Basically, “You can sign up with Twitter/LinkedIn/Google. Otherwise, if you don’t have any of these, you have to be invited.”

(I realize I can override the Sign Up page to remove the input fields and “Create your account” button on the left side, and only show the associated accounts buttons, but I wonder if there’s a way to avoid that.)