Is there a way to easily replace the word "Topic" everywhere on my site at once

I’m looking to slightly repurpose the discourse forum setup and as part of that would like to rename “Topics” to “Journeys” everywhere on my site. Is there an easy way to do this? Also Topic should be come Journey and so on and so forth. I see that you can customize text in the admin panel, but seems like I’d have to manually customize each instance of the word?

Thanks for any advice / guidance!

1 Like

Similar question in the past →

If you are tech-savvy, there are couple of options for bulk replacement of strings in posts which theoretically can be extended to do what you are looking for

2 Likes

Thank you for these references!

Are these only possible if I’m self-hosting? Currently planning on using the Standard or Business Discourse hosting plans to get going quickly and not having to worry about that stuff.

1 Like

You are spot on! Using our Standard or Business plan makes sure you do not have to worry about any of the technical stuff.

Sorry I meant since I’m using the Standard plan, can I make a lot of these modifications? Or do I have to self-host to really get that deep level of customization, if it’s even possible.

2 Likes

We’d help you do these word replacements and console-needed tasks that you can’t access on your hosted plan. If you want to have access to the console to run your own commands and the likes, you’d have to go self-hosted.