Is there a way to hide Seen column?

Some of my users dont like this option:

Per user, no we do not have this option, you can suppress it globally via CSS.

3 Likes

If hiding it for all users in an option, this would be the CSS to globally suppress the “last seen” user profile stat:

// Hide the "Last Seen" section of the user profile
.user-main .about .secondary dl div:nth-child(3) {
    display: none;
}
5 Likes

Hi! I am working on a Discourse instance that wants to invite people from various backgrounds and wants to provide a safe, secure and trusting environment.
I am wondering if in the future you would consider having a setting to globally turn off the Seen information (in group lists and anywhere else)? We would like to give a promise to our users that no other user can see when they were last online (i.e. the information is also not accessible when inspecting the html).

If the answer is no, I wonder if you can give advice for how to go about what I mentioned above? I am still quite new to this, so I would like to know if it’s best to hire someone to edit the source code or would a plugin or a component work?

Thank you very much!

I’m not sure about your actual question but this discussion relates to your issue:

It documents the setting that hides the user card:
hide_user_profiles_from_public

3 Likes

Thank you for your comment!
We already hide the user cards, I think that’s a good feature.
However, I am concerned that in the future people in my community will want to hide the “seen” information even from logged in users. So, I just wanted to check what our options are if that time comes.

2 Likes

Sorry for the bump,. but I haven’t been able to find any recent post talking about this. Being able to hide some of the “seen” and “presence” information even from logged in users, as a way to provide more privacy to users.

Are there any new settings to control this? Should we open a feature request?