Is there a way to merge accounts?

I have a discuorse forum, or rather I am staff of one and I have a Twitter account I no longer use as my login method. Is there a way to change the Twitter account, or merge the account with another, maybe local account?

2 Likes

https://meta.discourse.org/t/ability-to-merge-users/9220

Nothing yet that I see, would be good to be able to at least bulk change ownership of posts / topics like mentioned in that topic. So far there isn’t an easy way to do this that I see.

2 Likes

This gist might be something that will help with what you want to achieve.

5 Likes

Can you show me how to use that script

1 Like

I am in the same situation as you. :weary: :sweat_smile:
I will be watching that gist to see if the author replies.

1 Like

Now I know how to use that script. Just copy it to app/lib
Open rails console and type the last line of that gist (change username)

2 Likes

Yes, we have a rake task now

6 Likes

This can now also be done through the UI as well.

:warning: Merging large accounts with other large accounts can be quite expensive in database and server time. But when merging two small accounts, or a large account and a small account, you shouldn’t have any problems.

4 Likes

On this, when merging accounts for a user, do badges and achievements move across? Or is it just posts, likes and messages?

1 Like

I’ve just merged a couple of test users and Badges, site settings, stats, etc are copied over from one to the other. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! I managed to merge both accounts for one user and the badges moved across which is an awesome feature

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.