Is there any way I can automatically censor email addresses on posts?

(Rodrigo Farcas) #1

We don’t want users posting emails. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks!!

Any way to automatically flag topics and replies that include an email address or phone number?
(Régis Hanol) #2

We do have a censoring mechanism, but it’s based on words.

Your best bet would be to write your own plugin :wink:

(Robin Ward) #3

Also could you just make it a site rule not to do that? And have moderators remove it if it happens?

We haven’t had a problem here with people posting many email addresses.

(Michael Downey) #4

It’d also be a problem when allowing anonymous emails into the a new topic … the sending email address is posted above the incoming message.

(Rodrigo Farcas) #5

yeah, it is a Pets site, and people start posting their emails about free dogs or cats, which are usually fake. We delete them manually, but still would be good to have an automatic rule for emails.

(Kane York) #6

If you can teach your community to flag these posts as spam when they see them, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it becomes :smile:

(Jay Pfaffman) #7

censored pattern = \d{3}-\d{4}|[\w+\-.]+@[a-z\d\-]+(\.[a-z\d\-]+)*\.[a-z]+

will censor xxx-yyyy phone numbers and email addresses.

(Eric M Carty Fickes) #8

Does the above pattern work for anyone else? I tried entering it and got a “Sorry, an error has occurred.” alert. Even with just \d{3}-\d{4} and regular expressions turned on, it doesn’t block 123-1234 in a post. Was there a change, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

(Daniel Nevoigt) #9

Where do I enter that?

(Jay Pfaffman) #10

It moved.

Navigate to /Admin/logs/watched words

(Colin Marshall) #11

I think you also need to enable the option regex for watched words in the settings.

(Daniel Nevoigt) #12

Doesn´t aceept the expression, to long, error says maximum 50 signs. I tried to enter it in censuring