Jumping reply box

Version of Discourse: v2.0.0.beta5 +75
Browser: Firefox Quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit)
Screen Res: 1366 x 768

How to reproduce:
Place the top of the reply box on the bottom of the post in a topic with replies.

#reply-control .reply-area {
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 5px 15px;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    height: calc(100% - 11px);
    width: 99%;   << Setting the width to 99% fixed it for me
}

1 Like

So very wide but not very tall? What is the actual window size in pixels?

1 Like

Can you please elaborate I have no idea what you mean, sorry

I can reproduce in Firefox with a 1280x720 browser window, on meta, by picking Laptop in “Responsive Design Mode”, scrolling around, and noticing the scrollbar at the bottom appear and disappear as I do so. I notice that the scrollbar appears when I pass the bottom of the post stream, and does not appear while I’m in the middle of the post stream.

1 Like

I can also reproduce in Chrome - from my testing - $(window).width() is 1000, $(window).height() is 540.

When scrolling past the last topic, the horizontal scrollbar appears and $(window).height() becomes 523. There is a “sweet spot” when the jumping occurs in which the horizontal scroll appears and disappears without user interaction in between the last topic and past the topic.

5 Likes

I had reported this a little while back. Sounds like it might get looked into at some point:

1 Like

I’ll add that I’m using a Laptop with a 15" screen, resolution is 1366 x 768

Not only does the screen jump around, a scrollbar appears when you move past the last post

1 Like

Yep, also mentioned in my report :slightly_smiling_face: That’s the core of the problem. It looks like I can reproduce it up to about 1475px width. Once the composer “detaches” from the sides of the browser window, it goes away.

3 Likes

This works perfectly…

#topic-progress-wrapper.docked {

right: 19vw;
    margin-right: 1px; <<< This works..

}

Maybe @awesomerobot can take a look when he has time.

4 Likes