Keyboard shortcut for previous/next topic

Please, add this feature/keyboard shortcut when I am inside a topic.

1 Like

I implemented it this week, type ? on this page to discover the shortcut

3 Likes

Which one is it? What is its name?

That does not look like ? on this site … gj, gk

3 Likes

Neither gj or jk does does change to the next topic.

Using j and k alone only change to the next post inside a topic.

Visit the topic list first

3 Likes

Thanks! Now it is working.

2 Likes

This stops working if I enter a topic (from the home screen) and stay there for a hour or so without moving to the next topic.

Also, why it cannot load the list without opening the home page? i.e., when I enter a topic directly from my email?

Correction. It does not stop after some time laying around in a topic, but just out of nowwhere after changing several/few times between topics. Both gk or gj stops working out of nowhere and only start working after going back to the main page.

I use the gk and gj to read old topics (from the oldest to the newest) and having to keep going back to the main page and scroling all the way back to the oldest unread topic is not nice and represents the same problem the gk and gj feature is trying to solve (keep going back to the main window to see the next topic).

1 Like

Do you have consistent repro steps on meta? This should not stop working after N minutes and it should trigger “next chunk” loading on the list being tracked.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.