Latest topics RSS feed for private site?

I see that Meta has an rss feed at meta.discourse.org/latest.rss, but I don’t see one at on my site at /latest.rss

I’ve searched around and read past threads, and I can’t find any information on whether Discourse provides an RSS feed out of the box, or how to generate one.

Yes we have rss feeds for latest, shipped out-of-the-box its a community contributed feature.

What version of Discourse are you running? Did you follow our docker setup to install it?

The site is here:

http://forum.coastsider.com

I set it up about 3wks ago on Digital Ocean using the canonical instructions. I’ve upgraded to the latest version as of today.

Yeah, I see what is going on.

Your site is private, the RSS feed is anonymous. So when anon is hitting it, it is getting redirected to “required login”

You could create an API key and append it to the URL but … that would expose that API key which is probably not desirable.

We do not have a feature that allows you to have a “secret” url to latest feed, per user.

1 Like

Heh. Got it. I just have it set to private while I’m getting it set up.

Thanks.

Checking in to say this isn’t working for me either. When i put in the username/pw in the integration setup it doesn’t change the behavior. This is for a private site that will remain private.

Request this be addressed as a backlog item for private sites.

as replied earlier, you can use an api key for this, but that would expose it

Unclear what you are asking for here, think it through