Let the user know why his contributions are deleted?

Just FYI, these are fine policies, but if not well communicated in each plugin topic (or perhaps in the broader Plugins tag), then it does not address the new user experience (potential confusion, even a feeling of being unwelcome or contributions unwanted) in the case of e.g. a topic reporting a bug that is quickly fixed, as happened in the original poster’s case.

In other words any reply to an official plugin topic that does not justify being split out risks this kind of confusion for anyone who doesn’t already know how plugin topics are handled. I was one of those people and I frankly still don’t know where that info about official plugin topic handling is made generally available. I had to ask, and have it explained to me, which is suboptimal both for me and the staff who have to spend time repeatedly explaining this.

No one is going to find the details of this policy here, and the “replies are auto-deleted after 30 days” notification, while valuable, is not enough of an explanation IMO. There is a very recent example of this:

2 Likes