Limit access to /tags page by trust level - or for everyone

(Tobias Eigen) #1

I am adding this as a feature topic because I don’t see it in hte admin settings anywhere. Until all the wonderful work being done to PM tagging has settled down, I think it would be very helpful to many communities to be able to limit access to the /tags page which displays all the tags currently. This includes staff tags and internal tags for private categories, which just adds clutter and confusion for members.

Is hiding or limiting access to /tags something that can be done already, or an admin setting you’d be willing to add?

Update: to give you a sense of the issue I’m talking about, take a look at Global Legal Empowerment Network Community Discussions which currently shows anonymous users a bunch of tags that appear to be used for many topics but then when you click through you see nothing. Like birthday, techupdate, procedure, teamwide-call in screenshot below. I’d like these to only be visible to staff or to the topics in categories they have been used in. (we’ve talked about this here before but I have not yet been able to find the topic…)

Are the staff tags needed to be visible by users in the tag-page?