List or directory of professional themes/skins for Discourse?

Is there a place where I can find themes for discourse?
I’d prefer a well tested theme that is not free.

1 Like

There is no such thing, unfortunately. Discourse doesn’t have great support for custom themes yet, so there won’t be a marketplace for redistributable themes until the theme support has improved.

1 Like

That’s disheartening. Plus I am not seeing support for custom themes in either the 1.3 or 1.4 releases. :flushed:

We’ve had this thought many times before, creating our own set of Discourse Themes to buy and/or provide a professional marketplace for those, but the lack of DC ABI stability makes it impossible to keep them up to date or calculate how much work that is going to be.

As a result, also the last time we talked about this (a few days ago), we concluded it is not worth the work at the moment…

2 Likes

Again, how sad.

What’s DC ABI??? Is adding support for that anywhere in the Discourse release roadmap???

The reference is not really correct. I was referring to ABI, application binary interface – essentially if that doesn’t change between releases it means that an old programme linked against it, will work with the new one without even need to be recompiled. DC isn’t binary and doesn’t have that interface. I made that reference to put the “stability” in contrast to “user stability” – it runs rather smooth and stable everywhere, just its programming and extension interfaces are anything but stable enough to develop for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.