Locations Plugin

Thanks. Ok I’ll have to back out @angus’s change completely

If you want an insta fix install the layouts plugin :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If someone could try it now without Layouts plugin, that would be great:
FIX: revert to pre-layouts modification to prevent endless loop · paviliondev/discourse-locations@e53da01 · GitHub

@dodesz, @Richie, @ckshen

Sorry to mess you guys about.

4 Likes

I just started the update thank you. Will notify you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :heart: It works great now! :slightly_smiling_face: I checked everywhere the map (topic, user card, category etc) looks good. Thanks again @merefield! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Pleasure … now back to moving :house: :slight_smile:

FYI This will probably break the Layouts map widget, but at least Locations is useable now.

I’ll leave it up to @angus to resolve that issue or I will follow up after house move :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Confirmed all ok here now too!

Thanks Robert @merefield :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks @merefield, mea culpa. Sorry guys.

@ckshen I’ve pushed a new update to the locations plugin which will support layouts 0.2 without breaking the non-layouts version. I’ve also addressed the map render issue you’ve described above.

If anyone has any issues with either plugin (or any other plugin) in the next week please ping me, and I’ll respond promptly. Rob is busy moving.

5 Likes

Thanks, Angus! I will update the plugins!

2 Likes

With 2.7.0.beta1 and discourse-locations e18de2a we seem to have lost the ability to add a location in the user’s profile.

Typing in the location field does not trigger a lookup.

Log
Message (2 copies reported)

MaxMindDB (/var/www/discourse/vendor/data/GeoLite2-ASN.mmdb) could not be found: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /var/www/discourse/vendor/data/GeoLite2-ASN.mmdb

Backtrace

/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse_ip_info.rb:81:in `rescue in mmdb_load'
/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse_ip_info.rb:77:in `mmdb_load'
/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse_ip_info.rb:15:in `open_db'
/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse_ip_info.rb:10:in `initialize'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.7.0/singleton.rb:125:in `new'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.7.0/singleton.rb:125:in `block in instance'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.7.0/singleton.rb:123:in `synchronize'
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.7.0/singleton.rb:123:in `instance'
/var/www/discourse/lib/discourse_ip_info.rb:149:in `get'
/var/www/discourse/app/serializers/concerns/user_auth_tokens_mixin.rb:22:in `location'

Changing the location geocoding provider to any of the available choices results in an error:

4 Likes

Confirmed, same issue here too.

The maps still load ok but new members can’t add a location to their profile at all.

4 Likes

@angus @merefield would it help you guys if we reported bugs directly on the github repo?

3 Likes

Hey @Richie, thanks as always, but the best place is still Bug Report.

@merefield will follow up soon.

We’re all just coming back online after Christmas / New Years so give him a bit of time to get back up to speed.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report.

Unfortunately I’m snowed with work atm, but will look when I can.

2 Likes