Locations Plugin

429 means it’s denied access (rate limited).

Can you please tell me the full url, request headers and form data for a selection of say 3 examples?

1 Like

It starts off with a console full of 200’s

But they’re being hammered through that fast that I very quickly get myself rate limited :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m having no issues and can’t reproduce your issue.

My provider is:

You are going to have to elaborate on your setup.

1 Like

@Richie I cannot reproduce. I don’t think this has anything to do with User Cards, the behaviour you’re seeing looks more likely to be related to Topic locations and the call made when you hit Map on Category.

Could you try to reproduce after clearing the cache of you browser and give me exact steps to repro?

I also need the URL’s involved (in the Networks tab under Headers) for some example calls.

1 Like

As per screen shots in initial post, it happens on any map call, from the user card to the user list.

Also as above, I tried a different browser and even different devices.

Honestly mate, don’t worry about it, I’ve turned it all off now :slight_smile:

1 Like

(We updated our Discourse to 2.6.0.beta6( e7bad9f05d ).)

Some additional data points:

The odd thing about the map pane is that when it first loaded only a portion of the space is used for the map. The inspector tells me:

When I resize my browser window just a teeny bit, the full map comes back.

The inspector now tells me:

Any idea why resizing the window, or pressing the full screen button at the bottom left of the map will fix the map?

Cheers.

2 Likes

Does the issue go away if you remove the layouts plugin? I’ve got hunch a change in layouts might have caused this.

Apologies ahead but my capacity to support plugins is going to be very limited over next few days. And in any case usually our support period for breaking changes is 1-5th of each month only as per OP.

1 Like

If by removing you meant disabling the layout plugin in the admin panel, then when i do that, the map doesn’t show up at all and the dreaded CPU utilization issue comes back.

I haven’t tried rebuilding the container without the layout plugin, however, if that’s what you meant.

No worries about the support period. Realize you are moving and got your hands full. This is more about providing the data points for your future reference.

2 Likes

Apologies for the disruption but a proper data point is to completely remove the layouts plugin and rebuild.

1 Like

When I rebuilt without the layout app, then I ran into this issue when I click the map:

Looks like its similar to what @Richie got.

3 Likes

Ok thanks. That’s useful info.

2 Likes

Could you please inspect a few of those calls and tell me the exact URL being called? Does it look like the same call every time? The url should be visible at the top of the detail pane.

1 Like

Unfortunately I immediately rebuilt the container with both locations/ layout plugins so I didn’t get to see the URL. :sob: I will try to do that next time when I have a chance because I took the site down for a bit too long already tonight.

1 Like

ok @ckshen @Richie I’ve released an attempted fix of the infinite loop issue. https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations/commit/197b29c2333146583da68b9eedf58338b0a60a13

I believe the issue was potentially introduced with this commit: https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations/commit/5ea8ecdf8f2c10b6fa7d0806a693e498383cbc79

thanks @ckshen the big clue here was how this worked WITH the layouts plugin installed!

Let me know how this goes! Btw, this might break the layouts map widget, but @angus will follow up on that. I still think there might be a clash here potentially with the layouts plugin that is causing the strange render. I’ve made Angus aware of that too.

You don’t need to perform a complete rebuild to make this work hopefully, just upgrade the locations plugin.

3 Likes

Hi Robert,
I have the same problem like @Richie. I updated from admin but sadly it doesn’t work for me. :confused: Thank you for working with this out of the support period. :slight_smile:
Should I try a rebuild?

2 Likes

If you are on latest locations can you please delete your cache and refresh your browser? (And log back in). The old JavaScript file might be hanging around.

3 Likes

I follow your instructions, clear Chrome cache, log out and in but the same for me nothing changed.

2 Likes

Thanks. Ok I’ll have to back out @angus’s change completely

If you want an insta fix install the layouts plugin :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If someone could try it now without Layouts plugin, that would be great:
https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations/commit/e53da013eba36fcc7515e0afc9188c88d73666fd

@Don, @Richie, @ckshen

Sorry to mess you guys about.

4 Likes

I just started the update thank you. Will notify you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes