Locations Plugin

Ember CLI compatibility fixes are merged: https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations/pull/59

Let me know if you see any issues.

@Don

3 Likes

Hi Robert,

Today I tested it again now iā€™ve got this issue in topics.

2 Likes

Whoops, sorry, resolved that missed one now, I believe: COMPATIBILITY: resolve deprecation of Discourse.SiteSettings by merefield Ā· Pull Request #61 Ā· paviliondev/discourse-locations (github.com)

3 Likes

Happy New Year :slight_smile:

One of our members has raised an issue with the size of the text on the basemap / tiles and Iā€™m wondering if this is a setting Iā€™ve missed :thinking:

Weā€™re using:

https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/mapbox/outdoors-v11/tiles/{z}/{x}/{y}?access_token=

I also use another website with the outdoors-v11 tiles and the issue isnā€™t present there.

Hereā€™s how our members map looks:

The same area, same zoom level (note the yellow road above the lake for reference):

If I then zoom in further to that yellow road on my users map:

And the same zoom, on a different web site:

Does anyone whatā€™s causing the text on my user map to be so small? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, you may need to click on those images to make them larger to see the issue fully.

1 Like

Do you have the source code for the javascript call for non-Locations Plugin map? It might show why thereā€™s a difference and if itā€™s using the same library and data, the attribute thatā€™s being used to differentiate it ā€¦

Also, what version of Leaflet is it using?

1 Like

FYI Iā€™ve updated to latest stable leaflet version, in case thatā€™s part of the issue, but probably good practice in any case (we were lagging quite far behind 1.3.4 ā†’ 1.7.1)

Iā€™d be grateful if you could rebuild and test this and confirm all is well here:

- git clone https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-locations -b beta

Before I merge it to the main branch.

If I donā€™t receive any feedback I will merge anyway in a week or two (so hereā€™s your chance!)

(FYI on itā€™s own it does NOT explain the differences observed above)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve added a fix for User Card Directory compatibility to the beta branch: Update to latest stable leaflet version & fixes for User Card directory compatibility by merefield Ā· Pull Request #63 Ā· paviliondev/discourse-locations (github.com), Update to latest stable leaflet version & fixes for User Card directory compatibility by merefield Ā· Pull Request #63 Ā· paviliondev/discourse-locations (github.com)

2 Likes

Wow, Iā€™m impressed by how quick this fix may have been! Iā€™ll test it out nowā€”more about the User Card Directory than Leaflet, as I havenā€™t done too much with Locations yetā€”and let you know what I find.

Edit: just tested it and the user cards appear on the directory the locations plugin enabled, thank you!

Linking here to remind people that bug reporting on thepavilion.io can help:

2 Likes

Thanks for testing @jimkleiber! OK thatā€™s good news. Iā€™ll be merging that soon hopefully. For now you can stay on that branch. Iā€™ll notify here when that PR is merged.

1 Like

Is there a way to force the geolocation of the address entered?

Because even by choosing ā€œrequiredā€ for the ā€œlocation geocodingā€ option, the user still seems to be able to enter non-geolocated addresses:

I can validate without geolocation:

But I notice that if I want to edit this non-geolocated location, I can no longer validate until I have chosen geocoordinates, as expected.

Itā€™s strange behavior, isnā€™t it?

1 Like

Is it possible to set the coordinates by clicking on a map? That seems to me to be the ā€œnaturalā€ way. After all, there are many places without an address. But I canā€™t find a setting for it.

3 Likes

Great idea. PR welcome!

2 Likes

Hi @angus 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to set user location from location field in Wizards Plugin?
    Iā€™ve tried with and without interpolation - it seems not working and it looks like it changes the original user location field instead of location field based on location plugin (with geolocation enabled)

1. When enabled it shows 2 user websites and location
    Both from location plugin and original.

Are these known issues?
If not, I will try to solve them and make PR.

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™m not clear what is causing that. Locations plugin on its own will not corrupt the website link.

Are you saying when the Custom Wizard is also installed you get that duplication?

2 Likes

Hmm, thanks. Donā€™t know why this is happening yet - will try to investigate tomorrow.
Here is what it shows right now with -

Andorra is the text from user profile location field when Location plugin is deactivated.
And the screen shows what happens when Location plugin is activated.

P.S. Itā€™s can be my fault with some settings or plugins - do not waste too much time on this - I will investigate it step-by-step :slight_smile:

Are you saying when the Custom Wizard is also installed you get that duplication?
No - Iā€™ve tried with and without Custom Wizard - duplicate stays.

The question about Custom Wizard is - how itā€™s possible to update user location in user profile from the Wizard?
Iā€™ve tried location field there - but with no success.
Should I ask this in Custom Wizard topic?

Cheers,

I cannot reproduce your issue so would appreciate if you can track down any clash. Locations is working fine with web page details for me.

1 Like

Sure, I will investigate tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like

My profile doesnā€™t appear on the users map: https://unicyclist.com/u/user-map?period=location (I should be in France)

I thought it was because my location in my profile wasnā€™t precise enough (just ā€œFranceā€), so I updated it using the autocompletion, but my icon still doesnā€™t appear on the map.

Any idea why?