Locations Plugin

(Rich) #285

And @k4rtik @angus if it helps:

(Kartik Singhal) #286

Thanks, I was a couple commits behind on discourse-locations, but just upgraded and now have same hash as seen in your screenshot. The bug persists (which is not surprising because you could reproduce it as well).

(Angus McLeod) #287

@k4rtik @Richie Thanks guys: bug fixed.

(Rich) #288

Thanks for the quick response @angus - Installing the update as I type this :smiley:

(Angus McLeod) #289

I’ve pushed a fix for the issue with the map-with-markers zoom level. Let me know how that goes for you:

edit: I’ve also added a setting for the marker cluster multiplier: location map marker cluster multiplier.

(Keven Naphtali) #290

Amazing as usual, I will update tonight and definitely head to your donation page. Much appreciated.

(Kartik Singhal) #291

Quick question: is it possible to add a setting toggle for disabling text for add location button similar to events plugin?

No text on add event buttons in this category (overrides site setting).

I can only see a global site setting for this.

Mini map on mobile

@angus I noticed the mini map is anchored on the icon but it goes out of screen on mobile:

Maybe it could be centered and take 2/3 of the screen estate so it can be canceled by touching it is it?

(Angus McLeod) #293

Thanks, fixed :sunny:

(Paul Vincent) #294

Wow, this plugin is exactly what we need for a course we have in development! Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to add this plugin to a discourse-hosted instance, as we’ve just moved to their hosting? Would hate to have to migrate back again, but needs must if necessary…

(Rich) #295

@angus @Sudaraka do you know if this kind of thing would be viable?

? :thinking:

(Mittineague) #296

Taking over profile pages seems a bit drastic to me. And I have a feeling it would create more problems than it may be worth.

Only my personal feeling, but I think I wouldn’t mind having the map as a user profile background image setting if that was doable.

(Keven Naphtali) #297

There is a small bug in the coordinates only dialog for the locations plugin. If you go to enter a lat long, but then clear the lat long, close the dialog, reopen it and try entering the correct lat and long, the “DONE” button is disabled and can’t be clicked to submit your new position.

(Rich) #298

Hey @angus I’ve found a small bug when viewing user cards.

Well, potentially two bugs.

First, if a user had entered their Location in their profile, before we installed the Locations Plugin, and the user has not since updated their discourse profile with a Map Location, then a map pin is shown on the user card but with no location name next to it.

I think the correct behaviour should be to display no pin and no location?

Example of a user with an old Discourse Location but no Locations Plugin Map Location (if that makes sense):

The second bug, again the user, but when viewing their profile page their old Discourse Location is still visible here.

When perhaps it shouldn’t be visible there at all now either?

(Rich) #299

Hi again,

Stumbled upon another issue today.

Users of the dark theme don’t see the map icons?

They do see icons for the Solved plugin though.

So I’m not sure if this a styling issue?

(Globulle) #300

Hi, this plugin is awesome, thanks!

I’m looking for a way to display all events without any marker clustering. Is it possible ? I’m playing with the location map marker cluster multiplierparameter, without success. If it is possible, I would also like to remove labels (I just want markers to give a general summary of all past events for my community birthday).

Anyone knows how to do that? Thanks!

(Keven Naphtali) #301

Labels can be removed with css using something like this:

.leaflet-tooltip-pane {
    display: none;
}

I have similarly not had success with the location map marker cluster multiplier.

(Angus McLeod) #302

Fixed :sunny:

This is now possible. Toggle the site setting location map maker cluster enabled.

(Rich) #303

Confirmed !

Thanks @angus :smiley:

Have you had a chance to look at the bug from a few weeks ago re user cards?

(Rich) #304

Just a quick ‘thank you’ for this feature too.

Often our members will only enter a town (despite us telling them to enter a suburb), so being able to expand multiple pins on the exact same location is a brilliant feature.

bbcf9156a3be13dd53cd870871b5081bb695e130

Thank you guys :bowing_man: