Locations Plugin

Ah, yes I can see the core field “Location” now if I remove display: none; from CSS for the class control-group pref-location. Cool! :slight_smile:

But: It is shown empty for my user and I know that I have something in the field. That is strange! (I did not try to re-fill it to see what happens then…)

Hm, this does not work for me as for you. If I put in city and countrycode, I see Esslingen am Neckar, Germany and if I put in city and country I see Esslingen am Neckar, Deutschland. So the country is translated, but always shown in full. Would work for me, but I only see this for posts I made, the locations shows up nowhere else (at least where I looked now to get an impression).

And my fault, I primarily meant location user profile format, not location user post format to get a proper output (visual and also privacy based) on the user card.

So if I leave location user profile format empty, it looks like this:

If I put in something like city and county (it really does not matter, I tried almost everything), it looks like this:

So the website is shown twice and the location is gone.

I did not see any hidden fields on the user card when checking HTML/CSS there.

Any ideas?

1 Like

This looks like a genuine bug. I’ll take a look at some point. Thanks for the detailed report.

1 Like

Thank you, that would be great! :smiley:

For me it looks like there are two bugs/problems. With user post and user profile.

1 Like

When I rebuild the app in the terminal, this plugin gives me an error. Is anyone else experiencing this or knows how to fix it?

2 Likes

Can confirm there is a problem, will take a look, thanks

5 Likes

PR is ready for this and prior issue, but needs review. This may be delayed due to holidays.

6 Likes

I’m afraid, there might be many users who happen to bootstrap their containers (with ‘Location’ plugin) today and find that its failing.
And like me, they’ll be left astonishing as to why the same yml (which had same plugins) was ok before, and why the same is erring now!!

A gentle suggestion, can’t some notification be sent to location plugin users not to bootstrap with this plugin for a few days?

1 Like

OK, despite the holidays, Locations should now be fixed for both building and User Card information:

10 Likes

I can confirm that this works now, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

What I still see here is the problem, that I only see the the location for enabled location user post for myself and no other user. Unclear if I only see my own data or if it is beause I am the only admin of the site.

2 Likes

I’m hugely sorry if I made an inappropriate suggestion (which is purely, and surely, an indication of less knowledge on my side). I thought the word ‘gentle’ would cover my folly if any. But it didn’t.

1 Like

My initial response was ill-judged, apologies, I’ll PM you.

1 Like

I believe I can repro. Let me explore that a little more when I have time.

2 Likes

I have a feature request:

Is it possible to have a second option for location map tile layer which is used when the forum is in dark mode? As you can see here the map matches the light theme perfectly, but the users are getting blind when in dark mode. :wink:

1 Like

That’s a nice idea, PR welcome.

That’s the problem… I am really no real help when it comes to this… :roll_eyes: :flushed: PHP and SQL a bit, but that’s it…

1 Like

I was the same in 2016. Give it a go :wink: :mortar_board:

4 Likes

Just noticed, is this the PR for maybe the fix for “my” issue? :wink:

1 Like

Yes it is, it’s waiting on review.

1 Like

2,003 on our map now Robert @merefield, no performance issues to report :bowing_man:t2:

3 Likes

Lagging in numbers behind @Richie (1634), but compensating with worldly exposure. :smiley:

3 Likes