Hey there,

I would like to connect my Discourse to my self-hosted rocketchat server. It’s possible to log in via OAuth, CAS and SAML. Details can be found here: Rocket.Chat Documentation - Authentication

Is there an easy way to do this? Does Discourse support any of there authentication types?

Best regards,
Felix

You’ll have to be more specific. Where do you want the authentication data to come from?

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. To register on rocketchat, you need a Mail, Username and Password. I would like to take these from discourse to create a account for rocketchat or log in, if the account doesn’t already exisit.

Discourse isn’t a SAML or OAuth provider, so it can’t work as the source of authentication information using those protocols. The only auth provider support Discourse has is its own SSO protocol.

2 Likes

Interesting. I figured SSO was using a standard of some sort. Out of curiosity, why did you guys choose to roll your own?

We use a self hosted CAS for our research project pages. This CAS SSO is used for Moodle, Discourse and Rocket.Chat .

1 Like

Did someone managed to make it work? I’m confused with this Using Discourse as a SSO provider Thread. Is SSO between Rocketchat and Discourse possible?

Thank you.

1 Like