Our forum grew from few people to few hundreds now and we started getting complaints about too many emails.
I turned off “mailing list mode”.
But still, users who registered when it was ON, get the email for everything.
- Is that an expected behavior?
Since our forum has grown and still growing, I want to clean up a bit have a situation where.
For certain categories.
- Category-1 : I want emails for all posts. I think, the term is Watching
- Category-2: I want email for new topic. I think, there is an option available.
- Most Categories: I want no emails to be sent (unless @mentioned), and prefer users coming to site and participating.
I want to set this up, but given 600 users have registered when I had mailing list mode ON, how can do this?
- Should I go to DB and turn-off the mailing list mode from their profile.
- Then I could use Watching and Tracking as needed and will be get the desired behavior?