I am trying to do right by users while maintaining the culture in the community. I have the following scenario and would appreciate insights from folks here -
- I have login_required enabled to access the community as I want to give access to only people with a certain level of interest and seriousness. I also plan to charge for community access later on once I have some traction.
- I have setting enabled - user must be approved before accessing the community.
- I am using SSO for login and users are automatically activated on registration in WordPress
- Any user who wants to access the community has to fill a request access form - (either they are registered or not registered on the parent site). This allows me to check their profile before giving them access to the community.
- Having said that, there are some users who have registered and have requested access to the community but have not been approved yet. These users have shown strong intent to be part of the platform but I still need to filter out some applicants to maintain the quality of the forum and build a culture.
- I don’t want to shut these high intent users out fully and at least enable them to read the topics in the forum. Currently, this is not possible when user approval is required.
Is there a workaround to make this happen?