Make category's post only to be readable by the author / admins and noone else

Hello! Im trying to configure my discourse forum for a community, and i need to make category for ban appeals, and this categorie’s post should be only readable by admins / author, and no one else, i’ve checked the permissions but there’s nothing like like, is there a way to make a custom rwx permission?

Best regards!

1 Like

You can use Flags or Personal messages for that. I’d be interested to know why do you need a category instead?

2 Likes

Because it will be more tidier than personal messages, also, the ban appeals aren’t for forum infractions, but for in-game infractions, and people must post a topic using a template with the evidence of such in-game infractions, that’s why i need a category with read author only perms.

1 Like

Sorry, that’s not possible in discourse, You’re looking into a very custom plugin territory or maybe look out for some other solution.

4 Likes

Its alright, for now i’ll work around with the “moderators must accept the topic to be posted” for it.

Thanks for the quick reply tho :smiley:

2 Likes

This is precisely what PMs are for.

Create a group for the users who will be reviewing appeals and have banned users message that group so that they are separated out from any mod mail.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.