Menu, title collumn, and a lot a stuff are gone

Hi there!

Just testing fresh instance of discourse and try some settings then this morning a lot a stuff are gone.
A jpg is more simple to explain the situation.

I will install discourse again but I would like to avoid reproducing this error. And currently I do not see what setting could have led me to this situation.

It’s a screenshot from the entire screen.

Same things on safari, opéra, firefox and ios app.

Did you tried to turn off all plugins (app.yml) and theme / css hacks? I guess there is something over customized :wink:

Do I have to comment git clone line with # and rebuid app?

Yes. Except the docker manager.

# - git clone ...

Just done. no effect after have emptied the cache from my browser and I did not change the css

On your site a version is displayed, which is provided to search engines. Very strange.

crawler_user_agents:
    default: 'Googlebot|Mediapartners|AdsBot|curl|HTTrack...'

You have changed something in: crawler user agents
/admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=crawler_user_agents

5 Likes

that’s right :slight_smile: I don’t need crawler on my instance. How does this affect the css?

This information is required so that search engines can see the site as it is now. I.e. in “Lite” form. I think you can return the settings back, and users will see its normal form.

Сould say it’s a different version of the website. Search does not see the site as users see it via browser, even if you disable all scripts.

Yep. I understand but I’m the founder of this instance. I can’t go back from the graphical interface because hamburger menu, avatar and search bar are gone.

Where do I have to search to modify crawler settings?

Maybe at this address:
https://m***.org/admin/site_settings/category/security

I no longer know any other ways.

Empty :confused: There’s nobody on the forum actually. I will install it again. Not a problem. I’m gonna search on the database too before

1 Like

Follow this to fix it.

This is the second user to break discourse with this setting, I think we need to move it to a hidden site setting :thinking:

9 Likes

that’s a tips :slight_smile: many thanks all is fine now

Agreed @techapj can you make it so here?

2 Likes

Done via:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/6acf0693a5d1efb0abdc730b32e711bc5c9f53a9

4 Likes