Meta Title & Description Change

Hey there Discourse Team!

I would like to know if there is an option to change the Titles & Descriptions of categories and subcategories.
For example, if I go inside Bug section the title will be “Latest Bug Topics” and the same will happen in support etcetera.

I have read an older thread saying that this was not available but that was Oct 2015.

The value behind this is simple.

Meta Titles & Descriptions are not just valuable for rankings (description actually is not a ranking factor at all) but it gives you the chance of getting a better CTR by having something more optimized.

Regards!

1 Like

Latest bug topics is the correct title. You are literally viewing the latest topics in the bug category. I am not following.

What if I want to change that to something like
“Discourse Bug Topics & Discussions” is there an option?

You would need to write a plugin to override it.

Seems like we were overthinking this one. Editing the translation for js.filters.with_category will accomplish this.

The description is taken from the category’s description, which can be edited as usual.

<head>
    <title>Discourse Ruby Topics &amp; Discussions - Site Name</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Discussion about the Ruby programming language.">

@tolkin See if this is enough for what you need.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.