Milestones, Goals, and Statistics

It would be really nice if we had a Milestone or Goal system where the staff could set-up so they are notified when the requirements have been met, such as…

• Amount of signed-up users
  • How much bandwidth the forums have used in total
  • How many downloads in total have been met
  • How many Emoji’s have been used in total
  • How many staff members are there
  • How many badges have been earned in total
  • And more!

This would be very helpful and fun for large communities, and it would add something for the communiy to thrive and reach for. Thanks for reading!

This would be great for Plugin Developers for Minecraft, they like to reach certain goals for downloads, or users registered. It would be great for software developers, and to be able to see how many downloads their link has gotten and make goals to where each Milestone reached, they’ll do something like add a new feature. Photographers, see how many photos they have published, and if they reach a milestone, they’ll donate to a good cause. A website designer, if they reach a certain amount of views, maybe they’ll make a special design for the views/downloads they have gotten from their links or forums. There are many purposes this can have. Goals will help people thrive to earn the reward(s) or just to try and get the community more active.

This also grows into statistics in general for Discourse.

General Statistics and specific statistics would be very helpful and handy, such as a card on a link showing how many downloads or clicks it has recieved.

1 Like

I fail to understand how any of these goals help improve online discussion?

Seems to me they’re just random numbers people would do anything to reach.

2 Likes

I wasn’t reading this a system a user is notified, but more of statistics for a Community Manager to see/receive, but I also feel like some of these already exist in the dashboard, there just isn’t any notification about “you grew to 100,000 members!” or what have you.

This would be great for Plugin Developers for Minecraft, they like to reach certain goals for downloads, or users registered. It would be great for software developers, and to be able to see how many downloads their link has gotten and make goals to where each Milestone reached, they’ll do something like add a new feature. Photographers, see how many photos they have published, and if they reach a milestone, they’ll donate to a good cause. A website designer, if they reach a certain amount of views, maybe they’ll make a special design for the views/downloads they have gotten from their links or forums. There are many purposes this can have. Goals will help people thrive to earn the reward(s) or just to try and get the community more active.

This also grows into statistics in general for Discourse.