Minor CSS issues with category boxes

It seems like the border-color is wrong since about a week. I’m on the latest build at the moment (Commits · discourse/discourse · GitHub). If more info is needed I’ll be happy to provide it. You can see the issue live here: Train of thought - TZM Forum

element {
}
.select-kit.combo-box.category-drop.has-selection .category-drop-header {
  color: var(--quaternary);

border-color: var(--quaternary);

Maybe a dev can have a look? It’s not a big issue at all.

On mobile the behavior is slightly different, 2 boxes have the red border color.

1 Like

This is a new feature (though still undergoing a couple of tweaks :slight_smile:). It’s a highlight of the active filters.

4 Likes

Hi,

Hate to say it but: It’s not a bug it’s a feature :wink:

The filters were missing any indication when active (with a selection) which we have now rectified. Unfortunately, our navigation colour is the same as our error colour, which unsurprisingly… makes it look like it has an error.

We’re currently busy changing the colours for all navigational elements, including this, so it will be resolved soon.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I don’t think that this is the reason why I had the impression this was an error.
My first association with blue is not error, and the ones here were blue from the beginning.

I think I expected the color to disappear when I clicked somewhere else. This is how, for example, the dropdowns of advanced search or the dropdown for groups at /u work:

Now there is a clearer difference in the colours between clicked and selected, but I still have this feeling

1 Like

Hi @Moin You raise a good point. Not sure if we’ll deviate from our current path, but just letting you know we are discussing it and see if/what we can do otherwise.

Thanks!

1 Like