I’ve been having trouble with user uploads disappearing. After reading various posts like this one:
I tried upgrading to the latest version of Discourse planning on then using the recover_from_tombstone script.
Note incase it’s applicable: I also had a ton of failed sidekiq tasks due to email setup issues. As we don’t want the site sending any emails I turned that feature off via the admin console, and then ran the task to flush redis.
After all of this I tried to recover from tombstone. It does nothing:
rake --trace uploads:recover_from_tombstone ** Invoke uploads:recover_from_tombstone (first_time) ** Invoke environment (first_time) ** Execute environment ** Execute uploads:recover_from_tombstone
However, if I run uploads: missing there is a large list of missing items.