Mods can create polls even if polls are disabled, but the poll doesn't work

Hi,

We disabled users from posting polls via settings, but it seems admin/moderator can still make polls. Problem is once the poll/topic is created, the actual buttons aren’t clickable so the poll is visible but not usable.

The idea was we didn’t want users posting polls, but did want to allow staff - so it seemed like a great way of achieving that, except for the fact it didn’t work :frowning:

Would be good if we could restrict poll creation to a certain trust level.

v1.4.0.beta8

2 Likes

Er… what? You can’t trust your staff / mods?

Huh? We did want to allow staff, and they could still post polls, but if polls are disabled via settings, even those created by staff don’t actually work. They’re visible, but don’t function.

So this is a feature request, to somehow allow staff to create functioning polls even if polls are globally disabled.

I wasn’t sure if it was a bug or not.

If polls are off, but staff can still create polls - I’d expect the polls to work. If polls are off, and even staff can’t create polls, then fair enough, no one can and it’s basically what the setting says.

If its meant to be the latter, then yes it would be a nice feature to be able to limit who can create polls based on group or trust level.

2 Likes

Took us more than a year to fix, but I’m happy to say it’s now fixed :wink:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/26c743a962e3eaf849a4671341a057b7005efaec

4 Likes