Navigating between images within a post

Thank you so much for your reply

Ok, I am sorry. I was wrong in my first post.

What I meant was :
If there are multiple pictures in one post, click to zoom does not work. it instead goes to the next image in that post.

I have tested this here https://try.discourse.org/t/image-click-to-zoom-test/961
and gives the same result. (2nd post in that thread)

Ah, I understand now. Yes, this has been an “issue” since the lightboxing library was updated back in April. Prior to the update clicking on an image would display the image in its full resolution. However, when adding the ability to move between images in a single post, each half of the image became a click target to move forward or backwards in the sequence of images.

As noted above - this is not an easy issue to fix:

3 Likes

Ok, thank you too for your reply !
I guess i should’ve read a bit better, sorry :blush:

So in short. No solution anytime soon.

We are also having the rotating image issue. Uploaded images turn 90 degrees when posted. I am still looking into that one, but it seems to do with pictures taking by a phone and the orientation data inside the picture.
However i found a thread saying it was fixed in 1.9.x.

Btw: I am just a member on our forum :blush:

1 Like

As far as I’m aware that one’s been fixed, but if you can reproduce the issue on try please post here in the relevant topic.

1 Like

This is great feature but there is a drawback that we lose the ability to zoom-in the photo to its maximum size.

When there is only one image in the post and I click on lightboxed image it is displayed fit-to-screen. I can then click again into the image to display it in actual pixels size (browser scrolling is enabled). By clicking into image I can switch between fit-to-screen and actual-pixels.

When there are two or more images in post magnific gallery mode is turned on. I lose previously described option because when I click into the image it displays next photo.

Is there any way to disable gallery mode by some quick patch?

Would you be interested in having gallery mode optional in SiteSettings? I’d try to make a PR if there is interest…

Thanks…

2 Likes

Is there any reason to keep this open? I feel we handle this nicely out-of-the-box now and it is a bit hard to know what exactly is #pr-welcome here. (removing the tag for now)

@Johani ?

1 Like

I think this topic has served its purpose. There were three ideas here.

1. Feature: If a post has multiple images, show them in a gallery - this was implemented a long time ago.
    FEATURE: Use image gallery functionality in magnific by gdpelican · Pull Request #4831 · discourse/discourse · GitHub

2. Bug: when inside a gallery, clicking an image used to both zoom in and navigate to the following image. This was fixed here
    UX: improve lightbox gallery zoom/navigation by hnb-ku · Pull Request #13500 · discourse/discourse · GitHub

3. Feature: If I navigate to the last image in a post inside the gallery, show me images from the next post. I don’t support that change because it would be pretty confusing.

So, all good to close this :+1:

5 Likes