Navigation controls align left for mobile admin view

It seems all items under navigation-controls align left on mobile view for admin users:

Screenshot from 2023-02-27 12-02-55

Whereas the default is that at least the buttons align right:

I received feedback whether that’s a glitch in a custom theme, but it seems it’s in core. Screenshots are from the default base theme.

2 Likes

Bump same impact here

I’ve checked on Android and iOS and mine are tucked up like this:

Am I missing a step?

I guess it’s the vertical space available? When all controls fit right of the drop-down menu (“Latest” in your screenshot), then they align right. It’s because of the style declaration on that drop-down item:

#navigation-bar {
margin-right: auto;
}

But when they don’t fit, they occupy the next line and then just align left. It’s a small glitch, but I guess it could be fixed with a slightly different alignment declaration on navigation-controls?

1 Like

The buttons share a common parent container, so they wrap as a single unit when there’s not enough space.

It looks like there’s some extra space around the new topic button here:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 5.34.53 PM

removing that might be enough to avoid it… wrapping these buttons is kind of a last resort, by default it only happens to admins on screens <355px wide, though factors like zoom levels and themes can affect this.

Maybe we could combine the admin and bulk select buttons here if they’re both present to avoid it :thinking: